Camping Options near Avila Beach, San Luis Obispo County
Are you looking for the perfect camping spot near Avila Beach? Look no further! Avila Beach and its surrounding areas offer a variety of camping options for both RV and tent campers. Whether you’re seeking full hookups, spacious RV sites, or serene tent camping spots, this coastal region of California has it all. Let’s explore some of the best campgrounds in the area:
- Avila Hot Springs: Located at 250 Avila Beach Drive, Avila Hot Springs is a great place for both RV and tent camping. The campground offers spacious RV sites with full hookups, making it convenient for those traveling in recreational vehicles. If you prefer tent camping, Avila Hot Springs provides serene sites with picnic tables and easy access to nearby attractions. One of the best things about this campground is its proximity to the Pacific Ocean. It’s just a short drive away, allowing campers to enjoy the stunning views and indulge in beach activities.
- Port San Luis RV Campground: If you’re an RV camper seeking a coastal camping experience, Port San Luis RV Campground is the perfect choice. Located on Babe Lane, this campground offers RV sites with full hookups and easy access to the Pacific Ocean. The campground is a short drive from downtown Avila Beach and offers stunning ocean views. Wildlife viewing is a popular activity here, as you can spot various marine animals in their natural habitat. Be sure to check out the new Coastal Gateway Campsites at Port San Luis, providing additional camping options for a memorable stay.
- Pismo Beach KOA: Situated on Ontario Road in San Luis Obispo, Pismo Beach KOA is a popular RV resort offering a range of amenities. The campground features full hook-up sites with spacious RV pads, making it suitable for big rigs. It’s a fun place for families, with a pool, bike trails, and a grass area for outdoor games. Plus, it’s just a short walk from the beach, providing easy access to beach activities and breathtaking ocean views.
- Morro Dunes RV Park: Located a short half-hour drive from Avila Beach, Morro Dunes RV Park is nestled near the shores of Morro Bay. This RV park offers a perfect location for outdoor enthusiasts looking to explore the Central Coast of California. Enjoy the natural beauty of the area, go hiking or biking along the scenic Bob Jones Trail, or indulge in wine tasting at nearby wineries. The park provides RV sites with full hookups, fire rings, and a camp store for your convenience.
- Pismo Sands RV Resort: Situated on Cienaga Street in Oceano, Pismo Sands RV Resort is a newly opened campground offering a variety of amenities. The resort features RV sites with full hookups, fire pits, and an ocean view. It’s a great spot for beach access and is located near the famous Pismo Beach. Campers can enjoy the soft opening of this new campground and take advantage of its convenient location and modern facilities.
Flying Flags Avila Beach
Flying Flags Avila Beach is a popular RV resort offering a range of amenities for campers. Located in Buellton, just a short drive from Avila Beach, this resort provides spacious RV sites with full hookups. You can enjoy the comfort of your own camper trailer or fully self-contained unit while taking advantage of the resort’s facilities. From flush toilets and hot showers to a laundry room and cable TV, Flying Flags Avila Beach ensures a comfortable and enjoyable camping experience. For more information and reservations, you can contact them directly at the provided phone number.
Avila Beach’s Seaside Campsites: Avila Beach offers picturesque seaside campsites, allowing campers to wake up to the soothing sounds of the ocean. These campsites are nestled along the beautiful coastline, providing stunning views and easy access to the beach. The friendly beach atmosphere makes Avila Beach a favorite destination for campers seeking a relaxing and serene camping experience.
RV Resorts: In addition to Flying Flags Avila Beach, there are other RV resorts in the area that cater to campers seeking a comfortable and convenient camping experience. Pismo Coast Village RV Resort is one such resort, offering full hook-up sites for RVs, a parking lot for your convenience, and amenities such as a swimming pool and a dog beach. These resorts provide everything you need to ensure a memorable and enjoyable camping trip.
Nobi Point Campsites
Nobi Point turnout, located near Avila Beach, offer a unique camping experience for both RV and tent campers. These campsites are known for their beautiful ocean views and proximity to hiking trails, making them ideal for those who enjoy exploring the great outdoors. Whether you prefer car camping or tent camping, Nobi Point Campsites provide a serene and scenic setting for your camping adventures.
Dry Camping Sites: If you’re looking for a more rustic camping experience, dry camping sites are available in Avila Beach and its surrounding areas. Dry camping refers to camping without access to electrical or water hookups. While dry camping may require additional preparation, it allows you to immerse yourself in nature and enjoy a more primitive camping experience. Be sure to check with the campground or RV resort for any additional costs or regulations specific to dry camping.
Best Time to Camp: The best time to camp in Avila Beach depends on your preferences and the activities you plan to engage in. The area enjoys a mild climate, with warm summers and cool winters. Many campers prefer to visit during the summer months when the weather is ideal for beach activities and outdoor exploration. However, spring and fall can also be great times to visit, with fewer crowds and pleasant temperatures. It’s always a good idea to check the local weather forecast and make your camping plans accordingly.
Additional Charges: Some campgrounds and RV resorts may have additional charges for amenities or services beyond the basic camping fee. These charges could include access to certain facilities, such as swimming pools or bike rentals, or the option to book spa services like deep tissue or Swedish massages. It’s important to inquire about any additional costs when making your reservation to ensure there are no surprises upon arrival.
Port San Luis Harbor District Campground
Port San Luis Harbor is another fantastic camping option near Avila Beach. Managed by Port San Luis Harbor Manager Andrea Lueker, this campground offers a peaceful and picturesque setting for campers. Nestled in a scenic harbor, the campground provides RV pads and tent sites with beautiful views of the surrounding area. The campground is equipped with amenities such as flush toilets, a parking lot, and easy access to the harbor. Whether you’re planning to explore the nearby Nobi Point Turnout, enjoy water activities, or simply relax by the waterfront, Port San Luis Harbor District Campground is a great choice. Be sure to inquire about any extra charges and make a reservation to secure your spot in this stunning coastal camping destination.
From RV resorts with full hook-ups and luxurious amenities to rustic seaside campsites and dry camping sites, there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re a happy camper looking for a serene beach experience, a big rig RV owner seeking comfort and convenience, or a tent camper wanting to enjoy the natural beauty of the area, Avila Beach has it all. Don’t forget to explore the nearby attractions and take advantage of the many outdoor activities available in this beautiful coastal region. Happy camping!
For those traveling in RVs, a dump station is a crucial amenity. Avila Beach campgrounds typically provide dump stations for campers to dispose of their waste and ensure a clean and sanitary environment. It’s always a good idea to check with the campground about the availability of a dump station and any additional costs associated with its use.
Speaking of additional costs, it’s important to be aware that some campgrounds may have extra charges for certain amenities or services. This can include access to recreational facilities, such as a golf course or biking trail, or additional services like deep tissue massages. Before making your reservation, inquire about any extra charges to plan your camping budget accordingly.
If you’re an avid biker or enjoy exploring nature on two wheels, Avila Beach has plenty to offer. The area boasts scenic biking trails that wind through beautiful coastal landscapes and provide breathtaking views. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced cyclist, these biking trails offer a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Avila Beach.
For those seeking a more rustic camping experience, Woodyard Campsites within the California State Parks system are a great option. These campsites are specifically designed for camping vans and offer a unique opportunity to explore the natural wonders of Avila Beach. Camping vans, also known as camper vans, provide a convenient and comfortable way to travel and camp. In these campsites, you can enjoy the beauty of the California State Parks system while having all the amenities and comforts of your camping van.
Avila Beach is a true paradise for outdoor enthusiasts, offering a range of camping options and amenities. Whether you’re looking for a scenic campground with a golf course, the convenience of picnic tables and dump stations, or the option to enjoy additional services like deep tissue massages, Avila Beach has it all. Explore the biking trails, relax at Woodyard Campsites, and embrace the natural beauty of the California State Parks system. Camping in Avila Beach is an experience that will leave you feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and connected to the great outdoors.
Now that you have an overview of some of the best camping options near Avila Beach, it’s time to pack your camping gear and embark on an unforgettable adventure along the Central Coast of California. Whether you prefer RV camping or tent camping, there are plenty of camp spots available for you to enjoy the natural beauty and friendly beaches of this coastal region. Don’t forget to plan your visit to nearby attractions such as the Central Coast Aquarium, the iconic Hearst Castle, and the picturesque shores of San Luis Obispo Bay. Happy camping!
For more information and reservations, please contact the campgrounds directly at the provided phone numbers. And remember, always check with the campground or RV resort for any additional costs or regulations specific to your stay.
If you want to find yourself in the trees but on a beach camping in California check out Ruth Lake Campground.